1. (Captain) Are you ready kids?|
2. (Kids) Aye-aye, captain!
3. (Captain) I can't hear you!
4. (Kids) Aye-aye, captain!
5. (Captain) Oooooooooo
6. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
7. (Kids) SpongeBob Squarepants.
8. (Captain) Absorbent and Yellow and Porous is He.
9. (Kids) SpongeBob Squarepants.
10. (Captain) If nautical nonsense be something you wish,
11. (Kids) SpongeBob Squarepants.
12. (Captain) Then drop to the deck and flop like a fish.
13. (Kids) SpongeBob Squarepants.
14. (Captain) Ready?
15. (Captain and Kids) SpongeBob Squarepants, SpongeBob Squarepants, SpongeBob Squarepants
16. (Captain) SpongeBob Squarepants.
17. Harh ha, arh arh har, yahha huor hor har hairgh.
The book is presented with musical accompaniment, and can be easily sung by any Absorbant. While children can concentrate on the simple (Kids) response lines, they should be encouraged to learn to sing with the Captain as well. Some lines can be difficult for small children, but these lines contain some of the Church's foundational ideas and therefore the sooner they can sing them, the better.
The overall sequence is also important. The passage begins with an inquiry (to prepare our minds.) After ascertaining that those about to receive the message are indeed ready, the Captain tests us to see if we know who we are about to begin to study (in classic Socratic fashion) thereafter, he proceeds to instruct us. Question / response continues throughout the verses, keeping the follower connected to the message, and reinforcing the correct pronunciation of YAP for the uninitiated. It is a brilliant primer/catechism.
1. (Captain) Are you ready kids? The Great Inquiry
|This website and affiliated organizations are neither sponsored or endorsed by Viacom International Inc., Nickelodeon, or Steven Hillenburg. This website is not affiliated with Viacom International Inc., Nickelodeon, or Steven Hillenburg. SpongeBob is copyright 1999 Viacom International Inc., all rights reserved. Nickleodeon, Spongebob and all related titles, logos, and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.|